Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 

Lent

So we're about eight weeks into the year 2007...

I posted my New Year's Resolutions a few posts back, and those are going pretty well, I'd say. Not perfect or anything, but nothing to hang my head in shame over either.

I've put almost 81 miles on my new running shoes, which I started on January first. I'm pleased with that. Ten miles a week. I'm signed up for a half-marathon in May, the Potomac River Run. Might as well post a goal: 1:54. That's a 8:42 mile, for thirteen miles. I'll check back on that in three months, eh? I think I may shoot for the Atlantic City Marathon in October, too. We'll see.

Looking forward to gardening when that season comes around. I missed that last year.

And Lent. This year I'll be doing 4,000+ pushups and crunches (100 a day), plus total abstinence from alcohol. So, yeah.

I don't know who turtle myrtle gertle is, but they commented a few posts back. Check it out :)


Have thyself a Holy Lent, friends.

Comments:
It's Turtle Girdle Myrtle....get it right!!!

The blog's looking better.
 
No beer? Hope you aren't headed to the brewery with a few of your old LTS classmates!
 
It's okay, I am strong enough to go to a brewery without imbibing. It's all good.

Oh, is there an LTS reunion I forgot about?
 
i'm trying to give up soda. and it's proving to be harder than i thought. that and i'm incredibly lazy, and never want to make a pitcher of sweet tea (yes, missouri is south enough for sweet tea, plus my gramma is from North Carolina). bah.

oh, tell your daughter the llama says hi.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?