Monday, January 23, 2006

 

A Prayer of Confession

(written during my retreat to Seattle, which was waaay cool. By the way, check out my latest addition to my photos... a drawing I did while in Seattle...). Not sure why I went with "Thee" and "Thou". Somehow it sounds deeper that way, I guess. It starts off right quick, by the way:


I MAY even keep secrets from myself, LORD.
But not from Thee.
Thou alone knowest, and Thou alone holdest the cure.

But Thy cure requirest one thing: my submission.

I submit MOTION instead of EMOTION.

I give Thee RUST instead of TRUST.

I put my energy into things Thou hast not called me to,
taking energy from the things Thou hast called me to.

I give my worship not to Thee alone,
but to too many things that truly are not worthy of my praise,
neither are they honoring to me or to Thee.

YET, Thy steadfast love endureth forever.
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
You remember my sins no more!

Accept Thou my confession , LORD.
Hear my repentant prayer.

Create in me a new heart.

Grant me Thy vision of me.

Lead me into life, through your paths of righteousness.

For Thine own sake, LORD, have mercy on me.

Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?